Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My bad.

Hurm, I'm the one who supports all pirates activities, regarding abusing all copyrighted materials. No, I did not copied them and sell to others, I just downloaded them for my own private use. Who doesn't?

So when downloading a movie such as a dvd rip, it might take at least overnight for the operation to be completed, depends on the internet connection and the leeches, I'm talking about sharing and torrenting. So I'd probably left my desktop with the monitor off while the cpu runs.

As well as while leeching with my previous notebook I would leave the lid closed while downloading a big size of file. Or files.

So now I'm downloading Eagle Eye. I've been looking through the System Preferences (If I'm not mistaken Control Panel on Windows) for any default setting that I could change to let my macbook runs while the lid closed.

For your information, a macbook will enters sleep mode when it's lid is closed. They call it clam shell mode.

Nah, I also wanted to let my ITunes sings while while I'm sleeping.

I thought it's just a missing feature or what.

I thought I missed something and I went thoroughly the help section about this. But I found nothing can help. So I googled around. Guess what I have found?

Sure, there are some 3rd parties applications that can hack through the mac os x to enable this setting.

But they are genius. I mean the developers. Actually a mac doesn't have this function at the first place. I read about some people having their mac crashed while leaving their rig runs with their lid's closed.

Only powerbook can runs this operation. And powerbook is history.

U know why?
It's because a macbook, or macbook air, or maybe macbook pro cannot dissipate the heats thus heating the logic board.

And crashed.

It's body is made of aluminium.

So my baby I'm about to sleep, see you tomorrow morning. And I'm leaving you just like this.

No comments: